[ad type=”post” geo=”EG” isp=”orange,vodafone,etisalat” img=”https://www.appsfound.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/dl_icon.png” link=”http://m.appsfound.com/click”]
Facebook Messenger is the official app from Facebook that allows you to text and interact with your friends from the social networking site.
With messenger you can send/receive messages with text and photos from your Facebook contacts right on your mobile device. Newer features also include direct video messaging through the app.
Facebook Messenger is available on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows phones devices as well as directly through a web browser via messenger.com
After a late 2011 release the Facebook Messenger app quickly began gaining users. In early 2016 Facebook announced that their Facebook Messenger app reached 800 million monthly active users in 2015, making it one of the most widely used messenger services available today.
Popular Facebook Messenger features include:
- Text messaging
- Know when messages are delivered and read
- Worldwide free video calls
- Instant photo and video sharing
- Location sharing
- Video Messaging
- Group Chats
Facebook Messenger features introduced in 2015 include:
- Messenger Platform
- Send and Receive Money
- Message Requests
- Video Calling
- Faster Speed
- Customized Colors, Nicknames and Emojies
- Location Sharing
- Transportation Platform
- Businesses on Messenger
Facebook Messenger Tips and Tricks
- Send money through Messenger by selecting “…” icon next to the text-entry box and going to “Payments”
- Edit photos by drawing on them or adding some text. Hit the photo icon below the text box to select an image and tap edit. The edit option only shows up on photos you select by swiping.
- Pin group conversations by going to Groups > Pin on the top left. You can name a group and add a photo to it to better organize your Messenger app.
- Mute notifications on specific conversations. Tap the name at the top of the message you want to mute, and select notifications from the drop-down menu. Choose the length of time in which you want to mute notifications, or simply leave a conversation.
- Play basketball in the app by sending the basketball emoji in a Messenger conversation.
- Play chess in a messenger conversation by typing @fbchess
To download Facebook Messenger, search for the app in Google Play or iTunes, or simply follow the links below.