Opera Mini is the world’s most popular cloud-assisted browser, with over 250 million users. Opera Mini can give you a faster and safer web browsing experience, especially if you use web apps like Facebook.
Opera Mini also has a feature that enables users to block advertisements. Blocking ads can automatically make websites faster because there’s less things to load on each page, which can save you data and time.
You can also download video files from any social media page, so you can watch them any time you wish. Opera Mini’s smart download feature will download files in the background and keep you notified when they finish. You can also choose to pause downloads until you are on Wi-Fi to reduce data usage.
Opera Mini Features
Features of Opera Mini include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Download files in the background, and pause them when not on Wi-Fi
- Browse privately without leaving any trace of browsing history
- Block ads, which makes websites load faster and enhance your experience
- Sync devices with Opera Mini (bookmarks, open tabs, shortcuts)
- Check data usage in the settings menu
- Quickly save your favorite pages with the + button and add them to “Speed Dial”
Additionally, you can get your favorite and latest news on the start page of Opera. Choose which categories you are interested in and your page will be tailored to you, pulling in content from multiple sources across the web.
Night mode is another great feature which will cause less strain on your eyes at night by dimming the screen.
Upon install, Opera Mini will ask for some device permissions to allow full intended functionality of the app on your device.